Lunchbox Smoothies (school lunch HACK)

Recently, I saw a post for lunchbox smoothies at One Good Thing by Jillee, and I knew I needed to make a batch of lunchbox smoothies for my freezer. I LOVE the idea of making a big batch of smoothies at the beginning of the week, sticking them in the freezer, and popping them in the lunch bags each day.


To make your own Lunchbox Smoothies, start with a big batch of your favorite smoothies. 

Here's the recipe I use:

4 cups frozen strawberries
2 bananas
1 cup orange juice
1 cup vanilla yogurt
1 tbsp honey

I blend everything together, and I end up with 5 cups for lunches, and a few extra glasses to drink right away.

For the drinks I freeze, I use BerNARdin Freezer Jars and Lids 236 ml. They are great for freezing, and they are easy to open.

I store the smoothies in my freezer, take them out in the morning, and they are ready to drink by lunch time.


Fun, right? Do you have any fantastic school lunch ideas? My boys are super-fussy, and I am always looking for new ideas and inspiration.


Gina Bell (aka East Coast Mommy)

PS (You can find more school lunchbox hacks here.)



3 comments:

  1. Add some spinach and kale to get their veggies in. Blend it well and they won't taste it. I also use greek yogurt for more protein.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great idea! Veggies are definitely a challenge. :-)

      Delete
  2. You have a real ability for writing unique content. I like how you think and the way you represent your views in this article. I agree with your way of thinking. Thank you for sharing.
    more tips

    ReplyDelete

Don't miss any of the fun....